Blogger Blog does not support categories but has only come with labels, In this tutorial, i will show you how to manually create categories in Blogger blog. The category is a very important section of any blog or website because with the help of categories people can easily find what they are looking for.
How to Add Categories in Blogger:
Now we would manually create category section in blogger from labels, this tutorial is aimed at beginner bloggers, Let me explain
how to add category section in blogger blog.
The first and easiest way to create categories section in Blogger is to rename the section of labels widget as categories. Of-course this is not the appropriate solution for a blog in which there are the huge number of labels. An easy way round this problem is creating a separate categories section.
· Adding categories section to a Blogger blog involves following step :
First of all you have to decide how you want to group your articles, according to the labels applied, and what group heading you wants to give to each grouping of articles.
2. Navigate individual page of the label for first category which you want to use by clicking on the label in side bar. Copy your Blog address URL of this page. For example the URL address of the label of Blogger Widget on my site is:
3. Now go to Dashboard > Layout > Add a Gadget > Link List
5. Enter “Categories” as the title
6. In the Configure Link List dialog box, paste the link of the label you’ve copied from the address bar to Site URL
7. Enter the name of your Category
7. Click on Add Link to add the link to your new categories list.
8. For every label you wish to put into the Categories Section copy the link and add it to the Configure Links List. By the end you will end up with two or more categories in your list
9. Use the arrow keys to each link to move them according to your choice where you want to place them.
· Limit the number of posts :
You can also Limit the Number of Posts Displayed in the Categories Section. For this you will need to adjust the URL’s of each label as follows :
Change the value of max results to number of posts you want to display, for example: max-results=5
I hope this Tutorial of manually adding categories using the Link List widget into blogger blog would of great importance to you.
--: MORE FROM THE WEB :--